Still grappling with the change to blended learning?
Get it right with expert help
What is innovDev?
innovDev is an initiative developed as a multi-agency effort with Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) to support the aims of the Training and Adult Education (TAE) Industry Transformation Map (ITM) in driving nationwide digital transformation in the TAE industry. Supporting these aims, innovDev offers Training Providers and Enterprises with L&D Units:
- Digitalization Support: provides 35 consultancy hours to enhance 2 existing courses into quality tech-enabled or blended courses through coaching from IAL appointed blended learning consultants.
- Sustainable Capability Development: equips your staff with necessary capabilities to improve courses after innovDev.
- Customized Consultancy Model: offers the flexibility to negotiate and decide on the scope of consultancy work based on your organization’s needs with IAL’s appointed blended learning consultants.
innovDev provides up-to 35 hours of subsidized consultancy to help TP&E in improving any elements found within 2 (two) of their existing courses. This support programme provides the flexibility for TP&E to scope which portion of their courses they wished to improve on. The flexibility of this initiative also extends to the type of courses that TP&E can submit. The courses can be either publicly-run courses or internal-facing courses, WSQ or non-WSQ courses, government-funded ones or otherwise.
innovDev is conceived to support training providers and curriculum developers in development of their training courses in both blended and online learning environment. Think of innovDev as a support initiative to offset the risk of experimentation or attempting potential improvement. innovDev Consultants would guide the TP&E in whittling down potential options while being aware of TP&E’s limitations.
How will I benefit from innovDev?
- 35 consultancy hours to be spent enhancing 2 existing courses within 1 year
- Expertise and guidance from blended learning coaches to ensure pedagogical soundness of courses put through innovDev
- Development of blended learning capabilities of staff assigned to innovDev
- Flexibility in determining scope of consultancy support required based on your organisation's needs
Who is innovDev for?
innovDev is meant for Training Providers and Enterprises who are looking to enhance their existing training courses.
Be it whether you want to improve your current courses but are unsure where to start and are looking for a more hands-on guided approach to consultancy, or whether you have specific learning gaps you want to address and would like to work in a targeted manner with the consultant, the scope is up to you and your assigned consultant to decide. Sign up today!
Do I qualify for innovDev?
The admission criteria for innovDev includes:
- The Organization applying for innovDev programme MUST be a Singapore-registered company.
- Have 2 existing courses to improve or enhance. Target learners of 2 existing courses must primarily be Singapore-based learners.
- Have at least 2 full-time curriculum developers – long-term associates of more than 2 years are accepted. (Flexibility to include ad-hoc staff or exceptions to minimum number are possible for small-scale TP&Es)
- Co-pay $535 (w GST) in accordance to the principle of commitment upon successful admission into innovDev
How does innovDev work?
What do I need to deliver?
- Submit documentation (i.e. course redesign plan form, artefacts, feedback forms) for the 2 course redesigns performed. Collate post-intervention learners' feedback on the 2 courses submitted. This programme does not mandate positive improvement as compared to the state of courses prior to coming into innovDev
- Send at least 1 staff to attend IAL's 6 Principles of Learning Design Continuing Professional Development Programme (exclusion applies for current student or graduate of WSQ Diploma in Design and Development of Learning for Performance - DDDLP)
Success Use Case
TeamworkBound, an organisational development and team performance training provider. Being a largely facilitation-based training provider, lots of the content is delivered via face-to-face engagement. At the start of pandemic disruptions, the performance of training was only kept up by the quality of in-house trainers despite being largely limited to delivering Zoom-only, didactic training. A hands-on, immersive training had been nerfed to half-a-body snapshots within small windows on a computer screen.
Mr. Ebnu, who is the Director of TeamworkBound and his staff Aphroz enrolled into innovDev to seek a way forward in improving his blended training as immersive and easy-to-deliver for in-house trainers and administrator. An innovDev Consultant was assigned to TeamworkBound to guide them in digitalizing part of their courses. Scenario-based storytelling portion of the training was initially delivered by their trainers through a webcam. The innovDev Consultant guided the trainers through a pedagogically-sound video platform with integrated knowledge-check assessment onto their online training system. Thus, it gives learners more selection of scenarios that resonates with their profile, and trainers more time to provide personalized feedback with learners based on their assessment.
Upon completion, the blended curriculum also provides additional modes of delivery and outreach to other markets beyond Singapore. The intervention includes building up the skillsets of TeamworkBound's staff, who managed training coordination to take on a critical backend supportive role, to edit and curate digital learning materials. This includes taking a proactive approach towards building and developing future digital contents amongst the suite of programs.
“The videos as well as the quizzes was a good way for me to see the problems play out and for me to reflect and think about my personal characteristics respectively” mentioned one learner who benefitted from the transformed course. Another learner has given a feedback: “I enjoyed the course it was interactive and I did not feel bored or uninterested.” despite receiving a facilitation-based course delivered in mixed online and F2F channel.
1 Download the application form below
2 Submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Admissions are ongoing. Please download the Application Form below to apply.
** Feel free to contact Ivan Lee (email@example.com) if you have any queries.
(Last Updated: 9th June 2022)
Expectations on TP&E
Templates for Tranche 1 Submissions
Templates for Tranche 2 Submissions
Templates for Change Requests