The Master in Boundary-Crossing Learning and Leadership (MBX) is a novel, transdisciplinary-focused, cutting-edge, and innovative post-graduate programme that was created with focus on cross-boundary change, leadership, learning, and innovation.
It is based on the understanding of the dynamic and rapidly evolving external environment where the constant and disruptive shifts in the global environment and the changing nature of work demands an equally rapid and in-depth up-skilling to handle such a context.
Why Choose This Programme?
The MBX possesses a few unique features:
- Industry mentorship: Work with industry mentors to enhance practice applicability and extend your industry links and networks;
- Flexibility in time management: Complete 2 core GCs and 2 elective GCs within eight semesters, or four years;
- Stand-alone qualifications at multiple exit points: On successful completion of the courses in each graduate certificate, you will receive the graduate certificate for the subject domain covered. You may continue with the MBX or exit the programme early, armed with the graduate certificate qualification you have achieved; and,
- Adult learner-centred teaching and learning: You will participate in learning and pedagogical innovation developed by IAL.
Who Is MBX Suitable For?
The MBX programme is designed to strengthen the people development capacities of leaders who play a direct or concurrent role as organisational change-makers, to strategise, lead, and cope with a highly disruptive world.
This Master's programme targets the following:
People managers and developers in leadership positions within enterprises
Organisational Development professionals
Learning and Development professionals
Training and Adult Education professionals, especially the middle management tier of leaders
Faculty and leaders of Institutes of Higher Learning
What Does MBX Cover?
The MBX programme is a 60 credit unit (cu) programme undertaken through the stacking of two core compulsory Graduate Certificates (15 cu each), with two elective Graduate Certificates (15 cu each) from either the Learning, Innovation and Enterprise Leadership Track or the Adult Learning track.
Graduate Certificate Pathway
The Graduate Certificates within the Master in Boundary Crossing Learning and Leadership are also open for application as individual Graduate Certificates, offering a flexible pathway with the opportunity to stack the Graduate Certificates towards the Master qualification as well. The first Graduate Certificate is now open for application.
Graduate Certificate in Leading Learning, Innovation and Change Across BoundariesApply Now
Graduate Certificate in Implementing and Evaluating Innovation, Change and LearningApply Now
Graduate Certificate in Designing Learning and InnovationLearn More
Graduate Certificate in Organisational Innovation and ChangeLearn More
Graduate Certificate in Innovative Approaches to Adult LearningApply Now
Graduate Certificate in Designing Learning for ProgrammesLearn More
An undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised university
Have at least 2 years of working experience
Effective verbal and written communication skills that meets the English Language Proficiency Requirements (ELPR)* if your undergraduate degree is not awarded by an English-medium university, or your undergraduate degree is awarded by an English-medium university but the language of instruction was not English
* at least an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5, or a TOEFL score of 580 (paper-based) or 85 (internet-based), or a PTE Academic score of 58, or C1 Advanced score of 180 [score must be obtained within the last 2 years at point of application].
Refer here for SUSS's Graduate Studies Admissions Requirements.
Fees and Funding
^SkillsFuture Funding and SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- For each module, you must achieve at least 75% attendance, and pass assessments.
- For companies with a contract with IAL, full payment of the course fees shall be made to IAL within the 30 days credit term from the date of invoice.
- For more information on MCES, click here.
Course preview provides the opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of the Master in Boundary-Crossing Learning and Leadership, and participate in a Q&A session with IAL.
Course preview is conducted online via Zoom. (For information on How to Join a Zoom meeting, refer here.)
The next programme preview is scheduled on Thurs, 13 Oct 2022, 6.30pm to 7.30pm.