Design Thinking Expresso
*The fee is inclusive of prevailing GST and subject to changes.Sign Up for AEN Member
This workshop demonstrates to trainers how design thinking can be taught in 7 hours through thoughtful lesson design – by distilling the key concepts into bite-sized nodes for easy digestion (hence the allusion to ‘Espresso’) and using games and interactive activities to help internalise the concepts with an extra punch.
This session will be conducted face-to-face at IAL. More details on participating in the session will be send to the confirmed registrants.
What Is The Session About?
1. How we usually solve problems and innovate - Highlights the common blindspots through cheeky video illustrations and a quirky quiz.
2. Quick overview of Design Thinking - Introduing the 4 key stages which define every Design Thinking journey.
3. Get to know the person - What's Design Thinking without the persona? Be surprised by all the appearance of mystery personas and unravel their identities through in-depth interviews.
4.Identify needs and preferences - Mystery personas are plunged into bizarre and unexpected scenarios. Use Design Thinking to help them meet their needs, thereby enjoying a pleasant experience!
5. Generate ideas - Peer into the secret art of effective brainstorming, applying simple tools that even a little child can use!
6. Prototype and test the idea - Building mockups for dummies! 100% hands-on fun in visualising your best ideas in the powerful and intimate ways.
7. The pitch of your life - The show must go on - Lights, camera, action! If a design solution is not communicated clearly and convincingly.
What Does The Session Cover?
Who Is It Suitable For?
- Adult Education: Individuals involved in learning facilitation, courseware development, learning technology design, learning consultancy, development of learning solutions, and curriculum leadership.
- Learning Management: Individuals involved in learning support, product development, and learning systems management.
- Learning and Development: Individuals involved in Train the Trainers (TTT) workplace learning and learning for adults in any industry
Course Funding and Policies
Please proceed to make payment via eNets/credit card (VISA or MasterCard) at the end of the registration process. Kindly note that the system will automatically cancel the registration if full payment has not been successfully processed by 11.59pm (Singapore Time) on the same day of the registration. You will have to reapply for the course, subject to availability of vacancy at the point of your re-registration.
Additional Funding Available, If Applicable
Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit which can be used to offset the selected programmes' fees for self-sponsored registrations only.
Please note the submission period for your SFC claim via MySkillsFuture needs to be within 60 days before the course start date (date inclusive). If your course start date is more than 60 days from the date of SFC application, the SSG-SFC portal would reject your application. In this case, you would need to pay the full course fees at the end of your course application.
This course is UTAP funded too!
Request for rescheduling it must be submitted to IAL 2 weeks before the commencement of programme. Reschedule requests that come mid-way through training has to be supported by valid reasons; substantiated by references as evidence; such as a doctor's note; or a hospitalization chit.
Please submit your request to reschedule your course at MyIAL. A non-refundable administrative fee of S$54.00 w/GST ($50) applies for the request and the next available slot will be offered
Request for withdrawal from a programme is subjected to review by IAL and the decision is final. IAL reserves the right to request for supporting document(s). A non-refundable administration fee of S$54.00 w/GST ($50) is applicable for withdrawal request. If the withdrawal notice is given less than 2 weeks before the programme start date, the paid fees will not be refunded.
For dedicated corporate runs with a contract signed with IAL, billing and payment will follow the terms of the signed contract. Otherwise, payment would be expected upon registration.
About The Speaker
Joel Alexander N (Mr)
Joel Alexander N is the CEO and Master Trainer of GRASP Guru International. He is also senior partner for Disruption Management with Lim-Loges and Masters, and Programme Facilitator for Deisgn Singapore Council's School of X. He was the former Innovation Lead at Singapore Ministry of Home Affairs, and later Senior Business Analyst for Service Design at the Goverment Technology Agency (GovTech).
Joel is an IDEO-U certified design thinking practioner with more than 20 years of international experience. His key clients include SIA, HP, LG, The Ascott, Murata Electronics, Fujifilm, OCBC, PSA and SMRT, among others. He helps organisations drive innovation culture through changing mindsets, embracing innovation tools and focusing on practical application.
He is the author of Innovation within GRASP™ – the Ultimate Cheatbook for Innovative Solutioning, and has led several national programmes and maker groups to tackle complex issues in digital transformation, finance, engineering, logistics, transport, security, socio-community communities and education.