Recognition of Prior Learning leading to Credit Exemption
At the Institute for Adult Learning, we recognise comparable qualifications that have sufficient equivalence in content and learning outcomes with our programmes for credit exemption. This allows applicants to progress through our qualifications without having to attend training and assessment for the relevant module(s) of these matched qualifications.
Gain credit exemption to WSQ Workplace Learning Facilitator (WLF), Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) or Diploma in Design and Development of Learning for Performance (DDDLP) if you possess a comparable TAE qualification that have sufficient equivalence in content and learning outcomes with the WLF, ACLP or DDDLP programmes, as established in the credit exemption table. Please refer to the Credit Exemption Table below for more information.
IMPORTANT: All modules from the ACLP v1.0 will cease to be offered for enrollment from Sep 2023 onwards.
IMPORTANT: Credit Exemptions for ACLP modules are under further review from 1 Oct 2023 onwards until further notice.
Adult Education Programmes and Qualifications for Trainers, Assessors and Curriculum Developers of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)-Funded Certifiable Courses
(Workplace Learning Facilitator Programme)
Note: You do not need to apply for credit exemptions of WLF 1 and WLF 2 if you have already attained the competencies or credit exemptions for ACLP M4 and ACLP E1/E2 respectively.
(Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance)
(Diploma in Design and Development of Learning for Performance)
How Can I Apply?
Before submission of the online application, you are to make payment of a one-time non-refundable administration processing fee of $54.00 (w 8% GST) and $27.00 (w 8% GST) for Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident and $270.00 (w 8% GST) for Foreigners for each credit exemption applied for. You may make the payment via bank transfer to:
- OCBC (Bank Code: 7339 Branch code: 695)
- Account number: 695-632117-001 (Account name: SUSS-IAL)
- Remarks: <Your Full Name as per NRIC>-Credit Exemption
E.g. “Tan Ah Kow–Credit Exemption”
- Record the transaction details and save a screenshot of your successful fee credit to SUSS-IAL
Notification of Credit Exemption Results
Applicants will be notified of the result of their credit exemption application within 14 working days upon receipt of complete submission of application and all necessary supporting documentation.
- In instances where the applicant is requested to furnish further supporting documents to supplement his application for verification, a longer processing time may be required.
- IAL reserves the right of final decision for award of direct exemption.
- There will be no refund for the credit exemption fee paid during the application stage in the event where the number of credit exemptions awarded differ from the number applied for. Hence, Applicants are advised to examine the Credit Exemption Reference Document carefully before application to ensure that they possess the comparable qualification(s) listed against the modules which they seeking credit exemption for.
|Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident||Foreigner|
|Administration fee (One-time non-refundable)||S$ 54.00 w 8% GST||S$ 54.00 w 8% GST|
|Every module which credit exemption is being applied for||S$ 27.00 w 8% GST||S$ 270.00 w 8% GST|
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants are required to adhere to the requirements stated in the ‘Instructions to Applicants’ in Parts A to F of the application form.
- Applicants must not have previously applied for credit exemption for the same TAE WSQ COURSE.
- It is compulsory for the applicant to pursue the attainment of full TAE WSQ qualification by successfully completing the remaining module/s through IAL.
- Candidates who successfully attain the remaining module/s will subsequently be issued with a WSQ Advanced Certificate from SkillsFuture Singapore which you can obtain through MySkillsFuture Portal.
- SUSS and IAL reserve the right to pursue legal action against any individual or organization who submits falsified documents to apply for credit exemption(s) to attain WSQ qualification(s).